Friday, March 28, 2008

Kiosk Reflection

I believe that I can utilize PowerPoint kiosks in my teaching to enhance teaching/student learning. Using the kiosk was a fun way for students to interact with computers and technology to learn. It gives students a fun new way to learn material instead of the usual textbook or worksheet. The kiosks are interactive and a way for students to also use and improve using technology.

I believe all learners would benefit from using PowerPoint kiosk. You can reach many learning styles by incorporating reading of the material, but also by watching and listening to movies. Students who have not had technology education or know how to use computers may struggle with the use of kiosks at first, but should be able to catch on fairly easily with proper directions.

I really liked the other kiosks that my classmates made. They gave me many ideas on the types of topics and subjects that can be used for kiosk projects. I especially liked the kiosk's on the four seasons and dinosaurs. Learning about those topics is usually fun, but students can become bored or overwhelmed if only textbooks are used for learning. This is especially true for students when learning about dinosaurs and the many different time periods they lived in. Using a kiosk can break it down and approach a topic this like differently instead of the normal reading from a textbook.

No comments: